Founded in 2005, DURABILIT B.V.® (pronounced: 'durability') is an award winning value added provider of products, services and solutions focused on IT asset management, reusing IT assets, refurbishing hardware, reverse logistics, green IT and the circular economy. DURABILIT is supporting its customers with their network hardware infrastructure needs and challenges. The mission of DURABILIT is to help it's customers to save money on IT related costs in an environmental friendly manner. DURABILIT offers high level consultancy, implementation and CO2 emission compensation. DURABILIT strives towards a 100% CO2 emission neutral IT world and supports organizations to make the transition to become 100% CO2 emission neutral! DURABILIT wants to have a long term positive environmental, social as well as economical impact. DURABILIT = Social Enterprise = Circular Economy.
An essential element of the Circular Economy is to keep products in use so that the embedded energy, materials and labor are preserved. DURABILIT, a game changer and leading provider of refurbished network hardware, has developed the DURABILIT Greener Network Methodology which enables companies to get a clear insight into how much CO2 emissions are reduced when deploying used/refurbished products rather than new.
DURABILIT strives towards a rational, transparent closed loop IT supply chain and 100% CO2 emission neutral IT world. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
The mission of DURABILIT is to help it's customers to save money on IT related costs in an environmental friendly manner.
DURABILIT champions the idea of DURABUYING – which basically means that if you can purchase the same item used/refurbished and there is no difference in quality, then it is clever do so.
The message of DURABILIT during TEDx: www.facebook.com/photo.php
DURABILIT is a member of the Circular Economy Taskforce 2015. The YGL Taskforce is a World Economic Forum Young Global Leaders initiative. The vision of the taskforce is to create a socially and environmentally prosperous world where profitable businesses provide smart goods and services within the resource limits of the planet. Our mission is to inspire leaders to embrace the circular economy business philosophy for their organizations and provide tangible examples of successful business models and means of implementation.
DURABILIT is an official member of StEP (United Nations based initiative):
The founders of DURABILIT firmly believe in offering real added-value to customers and focus on long term relationships. Our added-value lies in the fact that we can show you that green-IT and cost-savings can go hand in hand! DURABILIT has developed the green and innovatieve procurement methodology and policy 'DURABUYING'. The idea of re-using products like hardware is not a new idea, but still not a common practice in IT. Re-using assets is very common in many industries like cars, air planes and medical equipment. Although consumers make a lot of use of second hand marketplaces on the internet, companies hardly look at re-using assets. At DURABILIT, we believe that it is not efficient and not effective to continuously buy new IT assets and then dispose of it. From an economic and environmental point of view, this does not make sense. That is why DURABILIT wants to be the no. 1 partner for supplying sustainable IT network solutions.
DURABILIT offers a green, fast and easy way to sell or recycle your network hardware and donate the proceeds to a charity of your choice. Please fill in the Request a Quote form to do a charity buy back.
The Core values of DURABILIT are: cost optimization, environmental friendliness, quality and reliability. The name DURABILIT is representative for these core values and is pronounced as ‘DURABILITY’ = sustainability, reliability, firmness, integrity, solidity, soundness, stability, strength, wholeness. This is also reflected in our logo: the green color stands for plants and trees and the blue color represents water and air.
DURABILIT is an AWARD WINNING COMPANY:
- DURABILIT has been nominated for the HIER Klimaatpenning 2015: hier.nu/klimaatbureau/pagina/genomineerden-klimaatpenning-2015
- DURABILIT has been recognized as a 'Highly Commended Circular Economy' company 2015 by the World Economic Forum, Young Global Leaders, the Circular Economy Awards and it's prestigious jury.
- European Union Sustainable Energy Awards 2012, category 'consuming', European Commission:
- Green IT-BB, German Green IT Best Practice Award 2011, German Government and German CIO's, category 'visionary IT concepts':
- Green IT-BB, German Green IT Best Practice Award 2012, German
Government and CIO's, category 'visionary IT Concepts:
- Nominated for 'Most sustainable company of Amsterdam' the 'DAM Prijs 2013':
- Winner of 'Best Entrepreneur of Amsterdam Zuidoost 2013', by municipality of Amsterdam and reputable jury:
- Computable Awards 2013, ‘Most sustainable ict company 2013 in the Netherlands’:
- DURABILIT is nominated for the Accenture Innovation Awards 2013: www.facebook.com/photo.php
- DURABILIT is nominated for the TEDxAmsterdam Award 2013: www.facebook.com/photo.php
The message: www.facebook.com/photo.php
Movie TEDxAmsterdam Award: www.youtube.com/watch
- DURABILIT is nominated for the prestigious 'Best entrepreneur of Amsterdam 2013': www.facebook.com/photo.php
- DURABILIT has been chosen no. 3 most innovative ICT company and no. 40 most innovative company in the Netherlands, 'MKB Innovatie Top 100':
Saving our Planet, the Environment and your Money!